Some principle recent Microsoft solution and licensing updates, for November 2017
- Roadmap Lifecycle – Azure Reserved VM Instances are now Generally Available in all EA programs and on Azure.com https://goo.gl/hqe6xS Azure Monetary Commitment funds can be used throughout the term of the enrollment for new orders through the EA Prepay (3 year upfront) option, New/Renewal direct EA customers will be billed quarterly for all coverages
- Reference – Editions and Supported Features of SQL Server 2017 https://goo.gl/TvG5RJ
- Licensing – If you need to control/restrict service access to Office365 services with Intune? You will currently need Conditional Access via Azure AD Premium P1 https://goo.gl/EYKjc7
- Microsoft News – Microsoft approaching 1 billion identities synced with Azure AD https://goo.gl/Tq65xy
- Tool – Microsoft update MAP Toolkit ready for SQL 2017 https://t.co/8YMVDjCTFw
- Licensing – If some users do not have a license for Azure Information Protection (AIP) but do have a license for Azure Rights Management, edit the registry on these users’ computers to prevent them from running unlicensed features (Published July 2017) https://goo.gl/W9EiJ3
- Reference – Where Microsoft Teams and Yammer fit in a ECM architecture, delineates between high-velocity “inner loop” and broad prospective “outer loop” (Published October 2017) https://goo.gl/RGzdt7
- Licensing – Power BI Premium for SQL Server Enterprise Edition SA Customers https://goo.gl/pEKADn is now extended to June 30, 2018. “Power BI Report Server is available through Power BI Premium or as a benefit for customers with SQL Server EE with SA”.
- Licensing – General Availability of Microsoft 365 Business, Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2018 in the November 2017 Product Terms: https://goo.gl/37QTcA
- Licensing – (U-Turn) Exchange Online Inactive User removed from the November 2017 Online Services Terms https://goo.gl/K9Mcd2
- Licensing – General Availability of Dynamics NAV 2017, GP 2016 R2 added to the November 2017 Services Provider Use Rights (SPUR) https://goo.gl/q6TpGM
- The new 70-705 exam “Designing and Providing Microsoft Licensing Solutions to Large Organizations” has been launched https://goo.gl/6yAFKU
This website is a way to give back to the licensing community and as an information resource for all customers that work with Microsoft software and licensing. I hope you find it of value.
Copyright Softspend Limited 2018. All Rights Reserved.